Monday, July 02, 2007

scanner darkly

So far this year I've been doing most of my drawing using the tablet, mostly because all occasions to draw have involved getting the image onto the computer at some point, and a stylus simply cuts out the extra scanning step. I didn't realize how unaccustomed I've become to drawing with regular pen-to-paper until an attempt to sketch a self-portrait resulted in a disturbingly disproportionate face, which garnered a laughing comparison to that of my brother...and from my own mother!
Fortunately, I finally have a scanner to use at my leisure, so I'll be able to clean up my non-virtual drawing skills while continuing work on the dkmon collection. With the exception of the first one, this set was drawn using a Precise V7 Rolling Ball Fine Pilot pen.
Actually, I'll start labeling each post with the medium used...once I'm caught up and back to uploading one dkmon a day, that is.


dkmon145
Fraulein



dkmon146
armchair



dkmon147
setting up



dkmon148
three egos, one pose



dkmon149
frumpsters are cute



dkmon150
this is a disturbing creature



dkmon151
his mien reminds me of that boy from Terminator 2 and American History X, who really knows how to work the femiman look.



dkmon152
only penguins can stop forest fires



dkmon153
a part of me imagines him as toothpaste
which seems to make him uncomfortable



dkmon154
that neck seems all wrong, hm...

1 comment:

Kimmeh said...

I like 148. so cute.