Tuesday, March 06, 2007

little by little

I was talking on the phone tonight while pacing around the living room when a frantic dustball scuttled over my foot to squeak under the couch. In the kitchen, another mouse bumped into my foot as it dove under the oven on its way to what I imagine is a thriving mousetropolis--these city mice can be plain rude, you know? The sightings have increased significantly over the past few days and it is now distastefully clear that the mice have taken over the apartment. Ugh, just now a mouse ran out from behind the tv stand and sped along the wall towards the furnace!
What was once an occasional intrusion easily remedied with a few Froot Loop-baited mouse traps has steadily, quietly become an overwhelming infiltration that--while sitting alone late at night, surrounded by the scurries and squeals of rodent traffic in an otherwise silent apartment--seems insurmountable.

And just as the number of little furry pests grow at a frightening pace, the count of unrealized dkmon is also reaching a dreadful high. Something needs to be done, asap!

Okay, so March 6 is the 65th day of the year. I have 52 dkmon posted, which means there are 13 left before I'm caught up.
Sooooo, let's see: BY 11PM EST, those lucky 13 will be up here, or I will give up internet until I am caught up for the next 13.
I know, discipline is not really one of my strengths, but I'm working on it. That, time management, and self-punishment (same as discipline?). Live and learn, live and learn.

No comments: